There are a wide range of student support option available to you throughout your academic lifetime. There is support out there, no matter how big or small you feel your issue is.
As always if urgent support is required please contact one of the following:
- Samaritans – 116 123
- Life threatening situation – 999
- Non-life threatening situation – GP / Out of Hours GP, A&E and 111
For the University of Gloucestershire
- Helpzones – if you have any queries regarding the services the University has to offer please contact the Helpzone.
- Counselling Service – helps with any emotional, psychological or mental health difficulties you may experience.
- Mental Heath and Wellbeing Team – confidential one-on-one support before and during your studies.
- Disability, Dyslexia and Learning Support Service – can assist with access, training, DSA funding, etc.
- Money Advice Team – advise on how to budget.
- MyGlos – your student app which helps with university life including wellbeing support.
The Student Zone is a one-stop shop where you can find all the support the college offer in one place. Set around a central courtyard, you can access:
• Wellbeing services
• Student finance
• Student services
• The Innovation, Careers and Enterprise Centre
• The International team and Admissions
• IT support
• The Safeguarding team
WELLFEST – Every year, the college, hosts a ‘WellFest’ event – a day dedicated to student support to keep their minds and bodies well. WellFest puts the focus on keeping students healthy and happy and sees around 3000 students take part in activities and educational workshops.
Finally, there are additional nationwide programs which can provide you with wellbeing support:
There are also more articles on our Kitchen table here at Gloucester Student Houses.